Want to create a fresh scent for your home naturally?
Image the air inside your home smells and feels like you're sitting outdoors in a floral-scented garden.
Well, creating a fresh scent for your home is easier than you might think!
One way is to use your furnace filter with 100% pure essential oil. It's safe and won't compromise your air quality, or the integrity and function of the filter.
Studies have shown that when breathing in the scent of essential oils, they act as aromatherapy, offering a greater sense of well-being mentally, emotionally and sometimes even physically.
For optimal health, it is highly recommended to avoid any chemically-based or induced air fresheners or scents. If you currently have any in your home, consider replacing them with more natural alternatives, like essential oils. The best part is that you can distribute the fresh scent throughout your whole residence via your central air system (during the heating and cooling seasons).
This is how you can DIY...
3 Steps to creating a natural fresh scent for your home using your furnace filter
1 Check and replace your furnace filter (if it's dirty).
Ideally, you want to use a new, clean filter.
2 Using a dropper, add a few drops of your preferred essential oil to the filter screen.
You can add one kind of essential oil, or combine a few to create your desired scent.
My personal favorite is combining Frankincense, Patchouli and Vanilla; or Lavender, Cinnamon and Ylang Ylang (with some Rose Water).
For example, if you're hosting a romantic lunch or dinner, then you may want to use the following essential oil mixture: 1 drop of Ylang Ylang, 2 drops of Petitgrain and 1 drop of Neroli.
I purchase most of my essential oils and aromatherapy products from the Piping Rock Health Products online store. In my experience, their product offering is top quality and meets my budget allowance comfortably.
3 Install the air filter into the filter cabinet. Turn on the furnace fan and voila, you have created a personalized fresh scent for your home!
Explore other ways...
Don't want to use your furnace filter? Or maybe you want to be even more creative in how you mix fresh scents for your home comfort?
We've got you covered! Following, are some other natural alternatives for you:
- Use an oil diffuser (there are many different styles to meet your personal design tastes)
- Use a fragrance diffuser for room scenting
- Use an in-home water fountain and add a few drops of essential oil to the water
- Have fresh flowers, plants and herbs throughout your home (roses, lavender, mint, freshly cut lilacs, etc.)
- Place mixtures of naturally fragrant plants and flowers (potpourri) to create a natural gentle scent
- Use portable air cleaners with built-in scented filters
- Spray a mixture of essential oils to scent and clean your rooms
- Light organic scented candles (i.e. beeswax, infused with essential oils)
- Burn 100% natural and pure incense sticks (i.e. Tibetan Sandlewood)
Remember, the most important part of this experiment, is for you to have as much fun as possible in creating a beautiful home environment for you and loved ones to enjoy!
Written by Nicole Casati
Do you have your own tips to share with us? CASATI HVAC would love to hear from you and learn more about new, innovative ways to create the perfect home experience. Please kindly leave a comment at the bottom of the page.